|| Online Media Outreach
Conducting outreach to a wide range of online media outlets and bloggers that will help reach your target audiences. Encouraging them to integrate your campaign's message and creative assets as a feature.
Key Influencers of Success:
Average cost: $5,000 for 2-3 day blitz, $15-$20,000 minimum for month-long campaign
- Offering bloggers incentives and exclusive content/graphics
- Identifying relevant blogs for your target
- Reaching out to influential blogs frequented by your target
- Pitching with strong news hooks (research, timeliness, etc.) and celebrity, high profile or real-life spokespeople in Blog Media Tours and Q&As
- Autism Speaks: Since the launch of the campaign, as a result of an ongoing outreach program, the campaign has been consistently discussed on high traffic parenting blogs and online news sites. These have included Café mom and Mommy Brain Reports. Stories and posts communicated the importance of early intervention. We have also done targeted outreach for World Autism Day, Light It Up Blue and the Puzzlebuilder.
- Buzzed Driving: Since July 2009, the campaign has conducted social media outreach to bloggers during holidays throughout the year where there are high rates of deaths involving alcohol-impaired drivers. In 2010 alone, there have been nearly 200 posts on sites including, Examiner.com, Mommy Reporter, Confessions of an Overworked Mom, Mama of 3 Munchkins and Mom State of Mind. The posts featured the importance of planning ahead and designating a sober driver before you head out to your party, as well as the campaign tools and campaign URL http://buzzeddriving.adcouncil.org.